Explore essential information to prepare for your flights and layover at Sabiha Gokcen International Airport [SAW]. Find valuable details on arrivals, departures, layovers, transit flights, and flight connections, along with expert advice for a seamless travel experience.
Arrivals & Departures
The official airport website is the most reliable and up-to-date source to check the status of arrivals and departures at Sabiha Gokcen International Airport [SAW]. There you can find a list of flights with their corresponding arrival or departure times, flight numbers, and current status, including any delays.
- Tip: Use the ISG mobile app for Sabiha Gokcen International Airport to monitor flights, receive alerts, track aircraft location, and access information on Duty Free shopping, transportation, hotels, lounges, and more, including the convenient online check-in feature.
Arrivals at Sabiha Gokcen International Airport [SAW]
You can find the real-time arrival times and arrival terminals on the airport's official website: Arriving flights at Sabiha Gökcen International Airport in Istanbul.
- Fast Track Service for Arrival at SAW: There is a dedicated counter for the entry procedures of Fast Track passengers. The Fast Track service is subject to a fee. You can find the different Fast Track options, their prices and details by clicking on this link: Fast Track Service at Sabiha Gökcen International Airport
- Lost Luggage Service: In case of lost or damaged luggage, please contact the Left Baggage Office or Ground Handling Staff at the Arrival Hall. Please indicate if you are a member of an exclusive airline program or arrangement when submitting your application.
- Shops on Arrivals Floor: On the arrivals level there is an airport market, an Istshop, a tobacco market, and branches of the mobile phone providers Turk Telekom, Vodafone and Turkcell.
- Exchange Office: Passengers that want to change money immediately after their arrival at Sabiha Gökcen Airport, can do so at the International Arrivals Hall and International Arrivals Baggage Claim Area 7/24.
Departures from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport [SAW]
To check the current departure times and terminals, visit the airport's official website: Departing flights from Sabiha Gökcen International Airport.
- Fast Track Service for Departures from SAW: This service allows passengers to benefit from priority access to the restricted area without queuing at the airport entrance, as well as from Fast Track passport and security control after check-in. It is available for a fee. For more information, visit the official website: Fast Track Service at Sabiha Gökcen International Airport
- Map: It is helpful to orient yourself with a detailed map of Sabiha Gökçen Airport to show you how the airport is laid out and how to get around. Click here for a digital map.
- Entrance Gates: There are three entrance gates for the departure area, where you will pass through a security checkpoint and find kiosks for check-in.
- Check-in: You can easily find the appropriate check-in counter for your flight by checking the electronic information monitors located above the check-in counters.
- Security check: Sabiha Gökcen Airport has two security checkpoints as an extra precaution. The first security checkpoint is at the entrance to the departure area, and the second is after passport control. It is advisable to prepare for the security check by placing all items with metal parts, such as belts and phones, in your bag.
Flights to and from Sabiha Gokcen International Airport [SAW]
Sabiha Gokcen International Airport is primarily served by low-cost airlines. Between 2015 and 2020, Turkish Airlines also operated flights to and from the airport.
However, after the opening of the new Istanbul Airport, Turkish Airlines relocated its hub to the new airport and transferred all flights to and from Sabiha Gökçen to its low-cost subsidiary, AnadoluJet.
- To see a destination map with the scheduled destinations that fly to and from Sabiha Gökcen Airport, click here: Flights to and from Sabiha Gökcen Airport
Useful Information for your Flight to Sabiha Gökcen
It is recommended to arrive at the airport at least 2–3 hours before your international flight and 1.5 hours before your domestic flight. This will allow you sufficient time to check in, go through security, and reach your gate.
It's worth noting that traffic in Istanbul can be congested at times, so it's a good idea to take this into consideration when planning your travel, especially if your accommodation is located at the European side of Istanbul.
In general, it's best to plan to arrive at the airport early to avoid any delays or stress, and ensure that you don't miss your flight.
Flight Connections and Layover
What is a Transit Flight?
A transit flight is a flight where passengers must change planes to reach their final destination. This type of flight is often used by passengers who are traveling to a destination that is not directly served by a flight from their departure airport.
Transit flights can be shorter or longer, depending on the distance between the two destinations and the availability of direct flights. Some transit flights may only have a short stopover of an hour or two, while others may have a longer layover of several hours or even a full day.
What do I need to know about Layovers and Stopovers in Sabiha Gokcen International Airport?
- Luggage: If your connecting flight is operated by the same airline, your luggage will be transferred automatically. If it is not, you will need to collect your luggage and check in again with the other airline.
- Boarding Pass: If you already have your boarding pass for your connecting flight, you can track your flight via the monitors and proceed to your gate in a timely manner. If you do not yet have your boarding pass, go to your airline's check-in counter.
- Transit Visa: Please note that you may need a transit visa. Check with your airline before your journey.
- Shuttle to IST Airport: If your transit flight does not depart from Sabiha Gökçen Airport but from Istanbul Airport, you can get there by taking the Havabüs shuttle bus. The İST-8 SABIHA GÖKÇEN - İSTANBUL HAVALİMANI line runs every 40 minutes between the two airports, which are 50 kilometers apart. The journey takes about 70 to 80 minutes. Alternatively, you can hire a taxi, which takes about 45–60 minutes, but is more expensive.